Actor Chris Pratt stole the show at the MTV Awards on Monday with a bold speech to the next generation after winning the “Generation Award.” Pratt, an outspoken Christian, offered the “9 rules” he lives by — and several of them are rooted in his faith in Jesus Christ.
“I’m going to cut to the chase, and I am going to speak to you, the next generation,” Pratt began. “I accept the responsibility as your elder. So, listen up.”
Watch the full speech below:
Then he dropped his “9 rules” to living (emphasis added).
1. “Breathe. If you don’t, you will suffocate.”
2. “You have a soul. Be careful with it.”
3. “Don’t be a turd. If you are strong, be a protector. If you are smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, so do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.”
4. “When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger and they won’t even know they’re eating medicine.”
5. “It doesn’t matter what it is. Earn it. A good deed. Reach out to someone in pain. Be of service. It feels good and it’s good for your soul.”
6. “God is real. God loves you, God wants the best for you; Believe that, I do.”
7.”If you have to poop at a party, but you’re embarrassed because you’re going to stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door, sit down, get all of the pee out first. And then, once all the pee is done, poop, flush, boom! You minimize the amount of time that the poop’s touching the air. Because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you’re peeing on top of it, stirring up the poop particles, create a cloud, goes out, then everyone at the party will know that you pooped. Just trust me, it’s science.”
8. “Learn to pray. It’s easy, and it is so good for your soul.”
9. “Nobody is perfect. People will tell you that you are perfect just the way that you are, you’re not! You’re imperfect. You always will be, but there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you are willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. Like the freedom that we enjoy in this country, that grace was paid for with somebody else’s blood. Do not forget it. Don’t take it for granted.”
That's really not the kind of speech you expect to hear from someone in Hollywood. Everyone has been talking about his speech ever since.
He ended his epic rant with a simple, "God bless you."
Share this story if you think Hollywood needs more leaders like Christ Pratt!