Fox News Jumps the Shark and Stands With CNN and Against Trump and Woman Acosta Accosted

politics
November 14, 2018Nov 14, 2018

On Wednesday, Fox News President Jay Wallace released a statement voicing his support for CNN’s lawsuit against the Trump administration for revoking Jim Acosta’s press credentials.

Fox also announced that it will file an amicus brief with the US District Court in support of CNN’s lawsuit.

“FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court,” said Fox News in the statement.

“Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized,” the statement continued. “While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.”

“The wrongful revocation of these credentials violates CNN and Acosta’s First Amendment rights of freedom of the press, and their Fifth Amendment rights to due process,” said CNN’s statement. “We have asked this court for an immediate restraining order requiring the pass be returned to Jim, and will seek permanent relief as part of this process.”

Meanwhile, on Fox News last week, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway accused CNN White House reporter Jim Acosta of “swiping away” at a “young woman” who attempted to take his microphone away during a verbal altercation with President Donald Trump on Wednesday.

“She was just doing her job, which was to reclaim the microphone that belongs to the federal government, and hand it to the next reporter,” Conway said.

“Obviously, I don’t think anybody should have, any young woman, particularly, should have someone swiping away at them, grabbing the microphone back,” she added. “That’s very unfortunate. I have talked to that young woman, she is very brave and just doing her job.”

Video of the incident, which can be seen below, shows Acosta attempting to keep the microphone away from the White House staffer, including saying “pardon me, ma’am” and pushing her arm down as she reached for the device.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1060224231722627072

There has been much controversy over just how much contact there was between Acosta and the aide, with the opinions varying from a light brush to a full-on assault.

Regardless of how severe the contact was, Acosta’s White House press credentials were revoked and he is no longer allowed to participate in press briefings.

“There are journalists here at the White House who every single day try to do their job by getting the story,” said Conway. “Others try to get the president.”

“They shall remain nameless right now, and I think that some people like to grandstand and be part of the story – there is no question about that. We hear that from other journalists,” she continued.

“Maybe they will not come forward and say that, but they say that. They think that some people, not to name names, but make everybody look a little less authoritative and less biased.”

“It’s dangerous – I’ve been physically touched, I have been yelled at, my kids have been threatened. Tucker Carlson, your colleague [at Fox News], he had a mob show up at his house last night, his wife was hiding in a pantry,” she said.

“Let’s talk about red-hot rhetoric. I will stand here all day long in my four-inch heels and talk about it, but I will not let it be made to be the president’s fault.”

Watch her full comments on the incident in the video below:

https://rumble.com/embed/uexzt.v42xnt/

Next: ‘The View’ Slams Hillary Clinton for Defending Bill in Lewinsky Scandal, Changing the SubjectOct 15, 2018