Suspected bombs addressed to former President Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton were intercepted on Wednesday morning, sparking a nationwide panic.
A short time later, CNN in New York City received a bomb threat and was forced to evacuate the building while hosts Jim Sciutto and Poppy Harlow were on the air.
Earlier this week, yet another device was sent to billionaire liberal activist George Soros. It's unclear if all of the incidents are connected.
“LATEST: Preliminary belief is devices found at Soros, Clinton, Obama locations appear to be of similar pipe bomb style construction and contained explosive material, law enforcement officials tell @ABC,” ABC News reported. “Investigators working to determine whether the devices are connected.”
The suspected explosive device addressed to the White House was described as a “pipe bomb.”
The U.S. Secret Service has launched an expansive investigation to find those responsible.
“The Secret Service has initiated a full scope criminal investigation that will leverage all available federal, state, and local resources to determine the source of the packages and identify those responsible,” the Secret Service said in a statement.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders condemned the terroristic threats in a statement.
"These terrorizing acts are despicable, and anyone responsible will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law," she said.
This is a breaking news story and may be updated with additional information.