On Sunday, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) was interviewed by Dana Bash on CNN and was asked about President Donald Trump’s military pull out from Syria as well as former President Barack Obama’s exit from Iraq.
Graham condemned Trump’s proposed departure from Syria and claimed that it might lead to a “second 9/11” in the United States.
“If ISIS reconstitutes itself after the US leaves, does President Trump bear responsibility?” asked Bash.
“Number one, everything we’re dealing with today falls on Obama’s watch,” Graham replied. “He is the one who withdrew from Iraq.”
Bash then claimed that Obama’s reason for leaving was an agreement set up by former President George W Bush, who committed to pull out of Iraq completely by 2011.
Then Graham dropped the hammer.
“No, that’s a bunch of bulls---! Pardon my French,” Graham said. “That’s a complete and absolute lie. Obama wanted to get to zero. He got to zero.”
“[In] 2011, I said I hope the president is right, but I fear this decision will come back to haunt us. ISIS came as a result to withdraw from Iraq.”
Watch the full explosive exchange in the video below:
“He was dealt a bad hand by Obama and needs to play it better than he’s playing it... There are three things that are important in this country,” the Senator continued. “Number one, make sure that ISIS never comes back in Syria. We need to keep our troops there. They’re inside the ten-yard line in defeating ISIS, but we’re not there yet. If we leave now, the Kurds will get slaughtered.”
“I’m going to talk to [Trump] at lunch. I got a call from General Dunford. The president is reconsidering how we would we do this. He’s frustrated. I get it. People should pay more, should should fight more. We’re not the policemen of the world here. We’re fighting a war against ISIS.”
“[I will] ask the president to do something that President Obama would never do: Reconsider.”
Earlier this month, Kellyanne Conway made an appearance Tuesday morning on Fox News, where she went after congresswoman-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and her intelligence.
In an interview with Bill Hemmer, Conway discussed who President Donald Trump will pick to replace John Kelly as White House Chief of Staff.
The conversation then took a turn when Conway went after “this certain 29-year-old congresswoman who doesn’t seem to know much about anything.”
Watch what she had to say in the video below:
“Really embarrassing, and for her to even use a slur against him yesterday – I won’t repeat her name or the slur – but let me stand up for General John Kelly,” said Conway. “He has done a magnificent job for this country for almost 50 years.”
“John Kelly was straight up exposed for lying about [Rep. Federica Wilson] in comments aimed at discrediting her,” said Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter. “He absolutely owes her an apology, and his refusal to do so isn’t a sign of strength - it’s cowardice.”